07oct11:00 am12:00 pmSold Out!GROUP SESSION – Soil, Compost & Liquid Extract Microbial AssessmentBring your Personal Samples and have them Assessed in Forum PREREQUISITE COURSE: SOIL MICROBE BASICS11:00 am - 12:00 pm
GROUP SESSION – Soil, Compost & Liquid Extract Microbial Assessment Bring your Personal Samples and have them Assessed in Forum PREREQUISITE COURSE: SOIL MICROBE BASICS Please ensure you have completed the prerequisite
GROUP SESSION – Soil, Compost & Liquid Extract Microbial Assessment
Bring your Personal Samples and have them Assessed in Forum
PREREQUISITE COURSE: SOIL MICROBE BASICS
Please ensure you have completed the prerequisite course before attending these group sessions.
This is a GROUP SESSION where we explore individual’s samples, however there is great value in learning from other’s assessments and experiences, which is why these group sessions work well.
Each sample is prepared and explored under the microscope and projected for everyone to see. Each sample will be evaluated on:
- Biomass & diversity of bacteria, fungi, protozoa & nematodes
- Rated against POOR, ACCEPTABLE, GOOD, EXCELLENT for plant type grown
- Basic remedial recommendation to improve soil fertility & microbial quality
The evaluation process will be limited to 10 minutes per sample, however time will be given to any individual or group questions or discussion that may arise.
The intent of these workshops is to allow attendees to:
- Have the opportunity to have their samples tested as a point in season or maturity
- Maintain a record for future reference
- Understand what other attendees samples look like
- Develop a network of like-minded growers and to share experiences
Laminated guides will be used during the workshop for attendees to use as reference and are available for sale for personal retention.
Assessment records will be provided for attendees to record their personal results for their own record keeping and future reference.
Workshop structure is microscope assay projection and individual and group discussion.
Workshop will be held at:
Tasmanian Gourmet Garlic Farm
4241 Channel Highway
Middleton TAS 7163
Cost: $15.00 per sample
Duration: 1 -2 Hours depending on number of samples
Times: Saturday 18 October: 11:00am – 12:00am or later depending on samples
You are welcome to make a tea or coffee using the facilities however, I would also appreciate if you washed your mug when you are finished.
- Soil samples should be taken from the top 10cm of soil and from within a root zone
- Compost samples should be taken a minimum of 10cm below the surface
- Liquid extracts should be no longer than 12 hours old
Keep all samples out of direct sunlight and away from abnormal heat conditions.
Ticket Section Title
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!
(Saturday) 11:00 am - 12:00 pm