13nov8:00 pm8:45 pmEvent OverWebinar - Disease Series - White Rot (Sclerotium cepivorum) - The Ugly One ... Identification, Destruction, Containment & EradicationGarlic Disease Series8:00 pm - 8:45 pm AEST
AUDIENCE: All growers of garlic both in backyards, community gardens and farms. White Rot is the most destructive disease to infect the Allium families around the world. So severe and feared
AUDIENCE: All growers of garlic both in backyards, community gardens and farms.
White Rot is the most destructive disease to infect the Allium families around the world. So severe and feared is this disease that it is the only disease listed by Australian BioSecurity as an Import Conditions to ensure both Planting Material and Culinary Garlic is certified free of White Rot in a Phytosanitary Certificate.
The reproductive spores called Sclerotia can survive in soils between 30 and 50 years, and has devastating impacts on farms and home gardens. It infects includes Onions, Garlic, Shallots, Leeks and Chives and can be spread by infected bulbs, infected soil on plants, plant tissue, human and machine traffic on farm and to surrounding properties by winds during soil tillage.
It is known to exist in both backyards and commercial farms and it is important for every Allium grower, especially garlic and onion growers to know:
(1) How to identify it on the plant and bulb
(2) How to safely destroy it
(3) Whether you can safely sell the plants or bulbs
(4) How to contain it so that soil-borne spores aren’t spread to surrounding properties
(5) And what, if any, are effective suppression or eradication practices to prevent further outbreaks
Join us is this FREE 40 minute Webinar to learn to identify White Rot and become a responsible grower to prevent cross-contamination from farm to backyard and backyard to surrounding farms.
What are WEBINARS?
- These are simply online seminars that allow experts and panelists to show presentations live to an audience and allow for a registered audience to engage and ask live questions.
- All you need is an internet connected smart phone, tablet, laptop or PC with speakers to both see, hear and participate
- Once you’ve have accepted this FREE Webinar – you will be automatically registered for the Webinar
- Then you’ll receive by email, a series of reminders and the link to join the event with other attendees.
Ticket Section Title
Garlic Disease Series - White Rot
Disease - White Rot
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!
(Tuesday) 8:00 pm - 8:45 pm AEST