Garlic Groups in Australia – Overview for all Garlic Lovers (You will receive an email from Zoom with reminders and login link) Understanding and identifying the different garlic
Garlic Groups in Australia – Overview for all Garlic Lovers
(You will receive an email from Zoom with reminders and login link)
Understanding and identifying the different garlic groups is fundamental to knowing what garlic will grow well in your climatic region and provide guidance on which groups, with long storage, will give you fresh Australian garlic all year round.
There is nothing better than fresh Australian Garlic, and yet many of us are still growing a single short storing garlic, or perhaps didn’t know the longer storing garlics that would give us fresh garlic all year round.
Each garlic group has very specific growing, storage and culinary characteristics, and many of the cultivars we have in Australia have wonderful cultural heritage including French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, European, Oriental, Korean and even Japanese that allow passionate cooks to achieve an authentic recipe flavour.
Culinary styles also differ between the groups, with some better suited to Summer styles; raw and sauteeing and others more optimal for Winter cooking styles; caramelising, slow-food (long cooking), roasting and even dehydrating. There are even a few garlic groups that are incredible all-rounders.
All garlic groups have a general flavour profile but there is a wonderful diversity of flavour and heat intensity among the many cultivars within it each group. Some will be mild, moderate or strong, and even more than a few that are very hot – more than satisfying the hottest garlic lovers – but would leave most of us crying and cringing from the mouth burning heat.
If you’d like to get more from your garlic, this is a great Webinar to explain the Garlic Groups and is a must see for those who’d like to participate in future Garlic Webinars that will rely upon this foundation knowledge.
- This webinar is essential for all home and commercial garlic growers and lovers
- Explains the 10 Garlic Groups
- Matches Garlic Groups to optimal growing regions and conditions
- Explains the culinary styles of each Garlic Group
- Provides a summary of garlic cultivars within each Group and their flavour characteristics
- Recommends some growing combinations for each state to ensure fresh garlic all year round
What is a Webinar and what do you need to participate?
- A Webinar is a live presentation given over the internet
- You will be able to see the live presenter and the presentation
- And will be able to ask questions via a Q&A panel where you can type them in
- All you need is a Laptop, Tablet or Smart Phone with Internet access
- If you have a noisy environment, or prefer a high-quality listening environment – then please use earphones or a headset
Ticket Section Title
Garlic Groups - for Garlic Lovers
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!
(Thursday) 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm AEST